Some athletes may ask how to reset or restart their training plan.
The MōTTIV training app prescribes workouts according to what you should be able to do on any given day, based on the length of your longest upcoming race and the date of that race.
So there is no official "day one" of training; what we're giving you today is the appropriate training to do today!
Our workouts are designed on what is known as the Rate of Perceived Exertion. That means, the athlete always sets the intensity based on their fitness level. The fitter you are, the more your RPE changes to reflect your fitness, and you will be working out harder.
Our workouts also use Zone training, which is why you are required to input your birth date and answer some questions, as well as the option to enter your FTP number on the zone page. This will also give you the levels of where you need to be working out in certain workouts.
However, if you still need to build up the distances prescribed in any workout, the best way to approach it is as follows, using the 10% rule:
- Week 1: Complete as much as you can
- Week 2: Add 10% to the time or distance you completed from Week 1
- Week 3: Do your Rest Week workouts
- Week 4: Add 10% to the time or distance you completed from Week 2
- Repeat this process until you reach the prescribed distances